Friday 19 April 2019

Just Julia: a short story about eczema


I shan't do my usual lengthy explosion of words and instead I will simply say that since my last post three weeks ago, I have basically been working before and after the day job on the short story I started writing on New Year's Day and briefly mentioned in my last post... that I have only gone and finished, so I am pleased to announce that Just Julia: a short story about eczema, is available worldwide on Amazon NOW!

I made the cover on good ol' reliable Canva to compliment the other two short stories I have previously self-published and I could be effusive and soppy about the website but I will just say that I BLOODY LOVE CANVA.

So yeah, my life in the last three weeks has been made up of editing like a madwoman, a casual bit of burnout and anxiety and much excitement as I'm really happy with how it turned out. They say to write what you know, and I think it's safe to say that I know eczema. I was first diagnosed with it at six months old and suffered from it all the way up to my teens when the other delightful condition, red skin syndrome came into my life and blurred all skin condition lines. So I've pretty much had to think about my skin more than the average person for well over twenty-five years of my life. I don't think those who haven't suffered from a chronic skin condition realise that it can be a trauma and I found the experience of writing Just Julia immensely helpful in closing a door on another tough part of my life.

Without further ado, here is the blurb for it:


'What could I have been without eczema?'

Can Julia reclaim her identity from her skin, or has she finally given up?

From the author of Curing my Incurable Eczema and the Weighting to Live series.


The links to buy it are in the 'Books' section of this blog.

I shall leave it there for now as I sense a hint of burnout is close at hand. Yay. 

Until next time,
Cara x

No comments:

Post a Comment