Sunday 18 November 2018

Excited.


Yes, this is a new blog post but nothing much has changed as I still can't find balance, I'm still working myself to the point of exhaustion but I'm still happy about it.

I am actually going to keep this short for once and, brace yourself, it won't even include a single bullet point. 

Since my last post I have been pretty much editing short story number one and have got on with it so well that I'm releasing it as an eBook on Amazon next Saturday titled, Fancy That!

After spending lots of time searching for a pre-made cover for it, I ended up making it myself as I realised my story is pretty specific and I was looking for a needle in a haystack. I'd heard of Canva before, and even messed about on it a bit in the past, but it wasn't until this project that I really started to use it more and after a relatively short amount of time, I'd made the cover for it which ended up costing... wait for it... one whole dollar - and that was only so I could get the silhouette of the Alsatian. Fabulous.

I'm exceptionally happy with how both the cover and the story itself has turned out and now that I have just five full days till publication, the jobs I have left to do are:
- Read through it again in the morning.
- Ask Mum to read through it again.
- Work on the blurb for it, a dedication, acknowledgements and all that jazz...
- Never-ending book admin. 

Starting from tomorrow, I will be posting a picture with a quote from Fancy That on both Twitter and Instagram, which I made up this weekend using elements from the cover.

And that's it... told you it was going to be a short post.

Until next time, 
Cara x

1 comment: