Thursday 9 July 2015

Moving On

After months of madness, I can safely say I have FINISHED editing the four books I had prematurely self-published with Amazon KDP: WEIGHTING TO LIVE, CHANGES: A SHORT STORY COLLECTION, SIXTEEN MONTHS and CIRCLE.

Finished covers for my four books
Since they were originally self-published, a couple of the books have changed rather a lot so I thought I would quickly tell you how:

WEIGHTING TO LIVE
Before - approx 52,000 words
Now - 47,457 words
*Out of all of them, WEIGHTING TO LIVE has changed the most. Not only has the structure changed (e.g. times have been replaced by three stars) but as you can tell by a deficit of over four and a half thousand words, I've cut a lot that needed to GO GO GO! Now it is done, I am SO happy with it. 

CHANGES
Before - 14,697 words
Now - 14,766 words
*Out of all my books, this has had the least 'changes' from the original version I self-published. From start to finish, I had the easiest (and best) time with this book.

SIXTEEN MONTHS
Before - 12,042 words
Now - 11,852 words
*Parts were altered and changed (the times like WEIGHTING TO LIVE were replaced by three stars) and after WEIGHTING TO LIVE, this needed the most editing.

CIRCLE 
Stayed at roughly 5,000 words
*Like CHANGES, I didn't have too much to do and edits were minimal.

***

I will be blogging again about one final thing to do with my WEIGHTING TO LIVE series then I am moving ON ... OMG!

P.S. In celebration of my books being completely finished, WEIGHTING TO LIVE IS FREE TODAY! To download your TOTALLY FREE COPY click here (UK) or here (US) *Also available at all Amazons around the world!

P.P.S. Read VICIOUS by V.E. Schwab - you won't regret it. Dark, macabre, entertaining with twisted but brilliant characters and totally unlike anything you will have ever read before.

P.P.P.S Like my new background?

P.P.P.P.S Sorry for all the P.S.'s

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment