Wednesday 30 September 2015

Odds 'n Ends

This post has no structure (a lot like my first drafts tbh), it's just an update really in a valiant effort not to go too long without writing on my blog.
Yep, they are my fingers

Yesterday I turned 28. It was a fabulous day - me and my mum spent the morning collectively loitering around the countryside (which you know I am fond of) and then spent the rest of the day relaxing. I didn't do anything crazy - I didn't see any friends, have a huge party or anything like that but it was one of the loveliest birthdays I've had in a very long time and one I will remember always. I suppose my last two were marred by illness so to spend the whole day feeling well is a present in itself. I really don't think it has sunk in yet that I am well though - I am making the most of it but in some kind of dreamlike haze. Obviously if I flare again, that will be when it dawns on me and I'll spend my time ill staring wistfully out the window wishing I was having a good ol' loiter. Sigh.

Gluten free pasta of DREAMS
I am STILL eating well. Even though I haven't cut out gluten or dairy, I have been trying to limit the intake of both as much as possible - cue brown rice pasta, a.k.a. my new obsession (that and Jane Seymour TV movies - what?). I had wanted to try this stuff for ages and when I had the chance to pick some up from Waitrose, I was so glad I did. Granted, it has a slight fishy smell while cooking but when it is done, it tastes just like any other regular pasta ... if I am being perfectly honest, it's among the best pasta I've ever had. Mixed with pesto it fills me with utter joy (photographic evidence to the left, to the left). As I don't live anywhere near a place that sells it, I am excited when I return to London this weekend, to stock up! If you are looking to make some healthier changes in your diet without missing out on flavour etc, give brown rice pasta a go - it costs £1.89 for 500g (5 portions).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment