Monday 4 January 2016

Finding balance


Verbier, Switzerland
It's the start of the new year and officially the first day back to work for most people in the UK ... but it's pretty much the opposite for me. I was working non-stop all through December and now finally it is calming down so technically I should have the time to dedicate to writing and my career. Instead of going all guns blazing into 2016 and working til I drop though I have decided to chill out and find balance.

My plan is still to work on my books a lot but also take time to really look after myself. When I was in Switzerland on a work trip last week, I felt really run down and showed signs that if I didn't sort it out, I'd get unwell again and then in turn, not be able to achieve anything this year. On New Year's Eve I felt absolutely exhausted and I decided to change how I was going about things. So this week I am going to try to reread all my self published books to get quotes from them for promotional purposes but not panic if I don't get it done. I am also going to be chilling out by catching up on some books I have wanted to read and finishing off a romance novel about a man and a woman in a snowy Vermont cabin - the stress of wondering if they will get together is just too much...

I think I will do weekly updates for the foreseeable future to let you know how I am getting on. The cover saga, a.k.a. the bane of my existence, will commence when I am a little better.

I am SO excited about this year and have hilariously lofty goals but with the change in my attitude, they don't look so lofty any more.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment