Thursday 25 February 2016

An unexpected reaction

The day has come, I've received my first bad book review on Amazon ... and how am I feeling about it? Pretty great actually.

I was curious how I would feel when I got my first bad review and of the plethora of emotions to choose from I was definitely not expecting a concentrated form of excitement. Really. I work early mornings every day and as my shift progressed today, my excitement built on how I was going to promote my book and get it out there. I mean granted, this review could not have come at a more inappropriate time seeing as I am in the process of marketing and promoting the damn thing but it almost feels like a test to see how I will react to it and so far the result is that it has given me fire.

Like I have mentioned on my blog before, I was housebound with a really bad skin condition for well over two years and I think after going through something like that, it gives you a thick skin (in my case, quite literally) and you don't sweat the small things any more. I am actually hoping that this review has the opposite effect to what the reviewer wanted and customers actually want to know WHY it was so bad and buy it. Time will tell but basically I'm fine and accept that it's all part of the process if I truly want to do this as a career.

Since my last post I have been busy pottering away on my books - changing over the covers everywhere, which I absolutely LOVE, and ticking things off a to do list that is taller than I am (and I'm TALL).

Thank you to the reviewer who inspired this post and made me excited ... but please don't review my books again.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment