Monday 7 March 2016

A beautiful pastel pink and green book haul from the unlikeliest of places...

I went a little wild on a shopping spree last week and spent a total of ... FIVE POUNDS (somebody stop me). What is this shop of wonders, I hear you ask? Poundland. Yes, I went into Poundland and came out obsessed. Such is life, I only went in for one thing...

In the midst of my new obsession, I somehow inadvertently made sure to keep my purchases colour coordinated. I am truly in love with the colours together and instead of putting them away, I have kept them next to me in a pile and spent my time picking them up, stroking them, then putting them down again and getting withdrawals. Let's take a closer look at the books now, shall we?

I can honestly say I never thought I would ever utter a sentence that included the words 'bought a book by Dannii Minogue' ... but how could I leave this ONE POUND book behind when it has a shiny pink title!?!? I have flicked through it and from what I have seen so far, it's jam-packed with glamorous things that my real life is definitely lacking at present. It's a bit of fabulous fun with a pink colour combo which dreams are made of. The other purchase is the cookery book Second Helpings of Roast Chicken by Simon Hopkinson and judging by the cover of this book alone, which I want to eat, I think it's safe to say that counts as a successful cookery book buy regardless of what is in the damn thing. Apparently it's a sequel to Roast Chicken and Other Stories that was voted the most useful cookbook of all time. I have just checked on Amazon and they are selling it, brand new, for £13.48 ... so that pretty much equates to the greatest moment of my life.

I also bought the ONE POUND dvd of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason because HELLO, it's Bridget Jones.

Finally, these two loves of my life are something that I can't wait to use. My mum bought the larger one a couple of weeks ago and from the moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it. Apart from everything to do with my self-published books, I have been working on a lot of other things so to have an organiser of sorts which keeps everything together but at the same time, separates it all, is a must-have purchase. I also bought the small one because the large one would get lonely. I was doing the right thing.

I should also mention that the books are gently resting on wrapping paper I bought from Poundland which I want to plaster my walls in.

My plan after writing this post is to put the damn books away and move on with my life before I marry a notepad.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment