Friday 12 June 2015

Déjà vu

I have a new superficial book to add to my collection.

Have I read the book approximately 5,000 times? YES

Did I already own a copy of the book? YES

Did I need another copy of the book? NATURALLY

I am talking about Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught. If you have ever read my blog before, you will definitely already know that I adore her books. For an entire post dedicated to all things McNaught, click here.

My 2 copies of
Someone to Watch Over Me
(old smelly one behind)

As I already owned this book, I shall try to explain why I felt justified in my purchase:

Firstly, I bought my original copy last year from a seller on Amazon and when the book arrived, not only was it scuffed and bent but it had an extremely strong smell of disinfectant on it (FYI - it was listed as 'new'). After hanging the blasted book out a window for two weeks, the smell FINALLY left but every time I have touched it since, I have felt iffy about it.




Secondly, this version matches my copies of Perfect and Paradise 'perfectly'. After seeing my photographic evidence of this >>>>>>>>>> I am sure you'll agree it was money well spent.


– CASE CLOSED –


Flashin' you a lovely bit o' spine

I am still undecided what to do with the old copy - possibly clean my house with it, I don't know. To celebrate my new totally reasonable book purchase, I will reread it for the 5001st time.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment