Monday 8 June 2015

Healthy food 'n flowers

I'm sorry I haven't posted on here in over a week but three seasons of BBC's Robin Hood don't watch themselves...

I promise I haven't just watched Robin Hood (er..), I have also been tinkering with the four books I self-published on Amazon as I am STILL finding things to change. How is it that after months, I can't seem to find all the quotation marks I've missed - the trials of not having a professional editor, I suppose.

Photo taken from my
instagram account
If you haven't read my blog before, I've been ill for the last couple of years and recently, I have been trying to go out to get some Vitamin D as it is apparently great for helping what I am going through. While walking each day, I have discovered a new obsession: taking photos of all the flowers for instagram. This applies to all nature really and I have been really enjoying posting the pictures I take.

Now onto the yummy stuff. I have been following the health food blog Deliciously Ella for a while now. The blog was founded by a woman called Ella Woodward who battled a rare illness, Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, and through natural eating alone, she was able to heal completely over 18 months.  


Because of borderline laziness, I haven't tried any of her recipes yet but the blog (and her instagram) inspire me to make healthier choices each day and I have approximately one million recipes of hers saved onto a Pinterest board ready to try when I feel a bit better. I have no idea what her food tastes like - it could all be like eating a glorified lettuce leaf - but from what I hear and the ingredients she uses, it sounds absolutely wonderful.

As I was already a fan of hers, I decided to borrow her first cookbook (Deliciously Ella) from the library.

*Photos taken from the book* Beetroot Chocolate Cake (left)
and Berry Scones with Coconut Cream (right)

After a good read of it earlier on today (and salivating over half the recipes), I will say it's a beautiful, well laid out book full of recipes that sound absolutely delicious. I have a major sweet tooth and cannot wait to try her Key Lime Pie, the Beetroot Chocolate Cake (pictured above) and the Sweet Potato Brownies. Plus, the idea of eating healthy scones (also pictured above) fills me with joy!

You can buy the book (here).

I'm off to gaze lustfully at food I can't be bothered to make.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment