Monday 24 August 2015

A little update NOT involving crumpets

This post is pointless really but I hate not writing something here regularly. For me, this blog has become a journal of sorts and this time in my life is so strange that I want to keep a record of it somehow.

For the last week I haven't done any writing or even thought about writing. I haven't even read anything - I tried to, but gave up. Instead, I have been busy enjoying feeling well. I am not sure how long I will stay like this and any sign that I might get unwell again makes me feel panicky to say the least. The sun has been shining, and where I live, that means walking through countryside, hearing grasshoppers chirp and the birds singing in the sky. It's been amazing, truly. I have lived in my town for about three years and didn't really take in the incredible beauty that was all around me. Funny how being ill makes you appreciate ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

Food wise, since the dreaded crumpets saga weekend here, I have been eating VERY well. For an entire week, I haven't eaten any processed food and sugar and I feel great. I am curious if the food will help me continue to stay well but who knows! Oddly, I haven't even craved bad food. Really. I think maybe because my priority has switched from weight loss etc to getting better that I have had more success and ironically, for the first time not bothering about what number it says on the scales, I have gone and lost weight. I am not counting calories by the way, I am eating what my body needs and exercising - I have a long walk Monday to Saturday and then do some toning exercises every other day.

To anyone going through something hard, remember it will get better and at the end of it, you will feel stronger and happier than you ever did before.

I know this post was a little serious and deep, especially for a Monday morning, but I'm feeling reflective - hence the picture of some random crops. Don't worry, I feel a desire to read Judith McNaught building up inside me and I assure you I will be back to that malarkey shortly.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment