Sunday 25 October 2015

Er, wow


Tweetgasm
I had a very happy Sunday last week over on Twitter. After I asked her to Retweet that my book was free, an author I love (see my review for one of her books *here*), sweetly not only sent me these TWO gems on Twitter >>>>, but also downloaded my book! It's made me want to buy her books in bulk and sit there hugging them close to my chest! Even though I still haven't heard from anyone who has downloaded my book, someone must have liked it enough to go on and buy the second book in the series, CHANGES: A SHORT STORY COLLECTION! I am noticing more sales generally - I mean my 'more sales' are hilariously small and could probably only buy me a small packet of blueberries but for someone who closely monitors her sales, there has been a noticeable shift. A few weeks ago I started playing around with keywords on Amazon KDP (something you fill in when you are publishing a book with them) and I am wondering if by doing that, I have made it more visible somewhere. I will keep tinkering with things to see if it continues to make a difference to sales ... but after November because, of course, NaNoWriMo is nearly upon us. This week was very busy for me but in a lovely way. I read through my manuscript again in preparation for November then made some more notes. The document is now well over 5,000 words and 8 pages long and MUST be sorted out by next Sunday...yay. It's been looked at a little and when I get into it, it's fine but I think the sheer size of it is daunting. BUT today is the day to get really stuck into it and I vow to have it sorted ASAP ... after I have looked at some pygmy goats on YouTube.

Until next time (I'M STILL WELL BTW!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment