Sunday 18 October 2015

I feel so dirty

The time has come to take the bull by the horns (a phrase I don't agree with literally - leave the poor bull alone) and start trying to sell my books for real (EW!). I can't describe how much I don't want to do this but anyone who has sold a fair few books on kindle have gone about it in a less bohemian ('bohemian' meaning to do absolutely nothing) way than I have. I don't have a proper marketing plan and am going to wing it but know that whatever I am doing to promote my books, I'm feeling slightly nauseous about. I used to sing and people said 'It's all about networking, darling', and the same applies for this too. I just want to write but I need to be realistic and without putting in the work to promote them, my books will remain unsold.

It's been a little busy my end recently and I have taken on a lot of different things that are time-consuming but fulfilling and, to me, incredibly important to do with the illness I have had over the last two and a bit years. From next week I will be really getting down to working on the manuscript that I am going to be rewriting for NaNoWriMo this year and slowly ideas and different thoughts about the book are whirling around my mind to the point that I am so excited for November. That being said, it could all turn out to be a disaster so we'll see how it goes. I am reading it again tomorrow to inevitably make a million more notes.

SO, back to filthy book selling: WEIGHTING TO LIVE is free for the next five days on Amazon and I would absolutely love to get some more feedback. So far I have had a few people on twitter say they really enjoyed it and have had no negative feedback YET ('yet' I do acknowledge is very important to add in). I have also had one suspicious-looking 5 star rating on Goodreads that I fear has more to do with the person wanting a free book than liking the damn thing - plus another woman who won my giveaway recently and has now marked her status to 'currently reading' my book *clutches worry beads tightly for support*

Its got to be said that all the drama above is wonderful drama and I feel very happy with what I am doing.

Until next time (if I haven't made myself sick with disgust over all the book promoting).

No comments:

Post a Comment