Monday 7 December 2015

Do you remember when I said…

…I had finished working on all my covers for good?

I LIED.


Yes, I have realised, after some soul searching, that the saga of my covers is not done and dusted like I originally thought. In the next few months I am looking to really start promoting and marketing my WEIGHTING TO LIVE series but I don't think the covers for CHANGES: A SHORT STORY and SIXTEEN MONTHS are good enough. They are ok but need some serious work before I am satisfied they are well and truly finished.


^^^ These are the covers as they stand at the moment. I will be looking to keep elements from both but when I look at them, the word that hits me first is 'Hmmmm...' followed directly by a slow sigh.

After the covers are done, whenever that magical day may be, I will be diving head-first into marketing: an area I have discussed before as not one of my favourite things. I know I have to promote my books if I ever stand a chance of making it but I still find the thought of it icky. I will keep you updated on how I get on as I am sure there will be a lot of challenges and pitfalls along the way - and of course, there will be post #50 all about my updated covers (I'm so sorry).

In other news, after living on my own properly for the first time, I have realised I am obsessed with budgeting and Sainsbury's basics all purpose cloths. I am happier than I think I have ever been in my life and am living as much as possible. It's thrilling, after being housebound for two years, to be able to walk around for hours at a time and still feel well. I don't think the simple pleasure of doing that will ever leave me - I hope not anyway.

I shall be back when I have finished my covers for good.

TRANSLATION: YOU WILL NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment