Thursday 31 December 2015

New Year's resolutions reflections


I like my symbolism
I am writing this post from Switzerland. Yes, Switzerland Switzerland. It's a work trip but to me it's still an opportunity to see the world. This post is pretty self-explanatory - last year on this date I posted my new year's resolutions for 2015 (here) then halfway through the year, I wrote an update post seeing how I got on with said resolutions (here).

This year has been kind to me - especially the second half ... which may have something to do with the reason why I have absolutely nothing left to contribute to my update post halfway through the year. I have a good reason though: I got better. In a nutshell, if you don't read my blog regularly, from June 2013-July/August 2015 I was housebound with a pretty tough skin condition. I knew it was only going to be temporary but it was still a wonderful surprise when I got better in August this year. Since then I have pretty much tried to make up for lost time and in the subsequent months, my life has changed drastically. I now live in London and have a job that suits my situation so perfectly that I can't believe my luck. For the last month I have been working long hours seven days a week but in the new year, because of my job, I have real time to dedicate to writing ... which brings me swiftly on to my one-word resolution for next year: CAREER. I want to make a living from things I am passionate about which primarily means my writing. This year I have worked so hard but before then, I never put it first which led to me doing jobs I never wanted to do on small wages. I am going to work harder than I ever have in my life and really achieve some wonderful things next year. I am excited and SO SO ready for the challenges that will present themselves. The only way I will fail this year is if I give up. *Cue Josh Groban's version of You Raise Me Up*

I am going to see in the new year breathing in clean Swiss air and gearing myself up for a year full of promise. *She's getting more corny and the situation is critical: cue Westlife's version of You Raise Me Up STAT*

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment