Wednesday 4 March 2015

The what now? period

It's been an eventful week.

When I launched my book last Sunday, on a whim, I asked the (FABULOUS) author Marian Keyes to retweet my book ... AND SHE DID!  Consequently, six people bought my book on Amazon - SIX! I know if there are any successful authors randomly reading this, they are probably laughing into their port and saying to themselves 'Six? I blink and have six THOUSAND sales'... well to me they mean a lot. The following day I got another sale which means seven people around the world have bought my book.

I have thought quite a bit about those seven sales and wonder who they are and what made them decide to support a first time self-published author and spend their hard-earned money on me. Well whoever they are, they made Sunday morning and the following day very exciting and I wish I could tell them thanks. It's quite funny really because my mum wanted to be the first one to buy my book and she missed out - I really thought I would have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD before I even got a sniff of a sale (she was the 8th person to buy it).

Anyway, I am in an strange place now because I know I should promote my book and be a downright nuisance on twitter and social media but I find it all a bit .... dirty. Even asking a couple of people to RT my book made me feel a little iffy. I suppose it is just a personal thing as I have never liked the whole 'networking' thing. My gut is telling me leave the publicizing to fate and just do what I really want; write.

*Does some deep thinking*

Well for now I am off to pull my socks up and write. I will keep what I am writing to myself for now but I cannot wait to get stuck in.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment