Monday 2 March 2015

And yet another book review (but it’s a good ’un)

Just as I have uploaded my first book to Kindle Direct Publishing I decided, instead of publicising my own work, to sing the praises of another book instead - but I really couldn't keep this one to myself!

On Friday, just after self-publishing my book with KDP and waiting for it to go live on the site ... then waiting some more for changes to be made - which have now been sorted (*coughs* buy it here), I started reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes which has instantly become one of my all-time favourite books.

The story is just so beautiful. I don’t want to say much about the plot and spoil anything for you but one thing I must mention is that it makes you think about disability and what a hard time people in wheelchairs have getting from A to B. I also wasn't aware of all the medical issues connected with paralysis.

I loved Lou & Will’s relationship and oddly, I found similarities between Lou and the main character from my book Weighting To Live - two women dealing with challenging situations but somehow finding themselves in the process.

So apart from MANGLING MY HEART, this book was funny and compelling and I WANT TO READ IT AGAIN NOW!

*And breathe*

– WAIT –

Literally as I am writing this post, I checked Jojo Moyes' blog and it says there is A SEQUEL TO ME BEFORE YOU COMING OUT THIS SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can buy Me Before You (here).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment