Sunday 22 March 2015

Something new, something borrowed, something blue

It's been well over two weeks since my last post so I will try my best to sum them up for you in as few words as possible...

On Friday 6th March, I embarked on a brand new 'chapter' and turned my attentions to writing a short story. Something completely new. A quick read. The first day's word count was 3,003 and all was going well then BAM, the following day I felt so ill that I didn't write. Illness continued and after a few attempts at writing again, I couldn't get my mind to concentrate on the blank page so instead I turned my attention to reading ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!

I read seven books - all of which I enjoyed. I started off with a (VERY) racy romance novel that had two main characters with fabulous chemistry and after that I had such an almighty book hangover that it could only be rectified with a reread of Judith McNaught's Perfect.  Because I did not already own that particular book of hers, I had to order it online and while I waited the agonizing amount of time for it to arrive, I went to my local library and got some more books. They were a fun mix - nothing life changing but light and happy enough to keep me entertained.

When THE book finally arrived >>>>>>>> I was both excited and curious how it would be this time around. I was not disappointed - I loved it even more. I already mentioned in a previous post that I would do a full blog post on her books and that is still going to happen so BRACE YOURSELF. Even if you think you are not a romance novel person, give her books a try as she is brilliant and an absolutely wonderful storyteller. I also need to quickly talk about the cover - seriously how pretty is it?

Tomorrow I am getting back to writing and I'm unsure what to do for the best. My heart is telling me to do one thing and my head is saying stick with what I started before I got ill ... You know what? Like a romance novel heroine, I think I shall follow my heart and do exactly what I want!

Before I go, I must also mention something else exciting that happened. Yesterday (Saturday) I started a promotion on WEIGHTING TO LIVE so it is free until tomorrow (GET IT HERE!) and again after asking the fabulous Marian Keyes to retweet a link, which she did (and was BEYOND sweet of her), I got quite a few downloads ... with one from a lovely woman who tweeted me to say she was reading my book and enjoying it. I got extremely excited as the only person who has ever told me what they think of the book is my mother so to get positive feedback from someone I have never met is a truly lovely feeling.

I have done what I didn't want to do and have gone on too much. Forgive me? Want a free book to make up for it (HERE)?  

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment