Sunday 24 May 2015

Disney men & a (somewhat) healthy dessert

In this post, I am going to talk about two of my favourite things: Disney men and dessert. You have been warned.

I have been a little quiet this week as all I've done is gone over the four books I have already published via Amazon KDP - looking for those errant commas that still evade me and searching for missing speech marks etc. I think after resolving the cover saga, I needed another drama - this time obsessively editing my books - but a couple of days ago, I became unwell (if you read my Judith McNaught post here then you'll know I have been housebound for the last couple of years because I've been ill) and decided to stop the obsessive editing and make use of my 1 month free trial with Amazon Prime and watch loads of stuff while I got better ... well, in reality that meant rewatching all the Disney. If you read my book WEIGHTING TO LIVE then you'll know that the main character loves Disney. That was not a stretch of my imagination to write about as I also love Disney - more like, I ADORE Disney. Somehow, as I am getting older, I'm appreciating all the films even more which I didn't know was possible. One thing that I do love even more than Disney is THE DISNEY MEN! If you follow my twitter account, you already know this but just WOW! Why are they not real?! I think my favourite is Phoebus from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Just saying.

Onto dessert (which is sadly not a Disney man):

Recently, I have been trying to lay off the sugary treats as when I am writing and editing, I find I have more bad sugar etc because I tend to work long hours each day and need the extra energy - that, my friends, is a ridiculous excuse.  My core diet is pretty healthy but sometimes, I do like to layer on a good dose of fat and sugar. I called the dessert I am going to talk about somewhat healthy because it is - well, it's better than sitting down with a pint of Ben & Jerry's and it doesn't have any extra ingredients that no one can spell or pronounce or has been banned in half the world.

An arty picture that hopefully 
conveys how thick the yogurt is.
It's quite simply Greek yogurt & honey. So far, this is the only thing I have found that satisfies me as much as a tub of ice cream or a big ol' bag of chocolate. The texture and body of it I think is the reason as it's thick and extremely creamy. You can obviously get whatever Greek yogurt you like but I would recommend the Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt. Not only is is fat free, it has a wonderful texture that really complements the honey. I always use Rowse original honey as I love the taste - it's strong and full of flavour - and mixed with the yogurt, makes for a delicious end to any meal. I use half of the 500g pot and about 1.5 dessert spoons of honey. Obviously, alter measurements to however you like.

I will never stop having real ice cream and all that lovely stuff but once in a while, making a healthier choice won't kill you - the opposite in fact.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment