Saturday 27 December 2014

Christmas Book Haul!

I hope you had a fabulous Christmas! I definitely did.

The title of this post is self-explanatory, so without further rambling words of indulgence, these are the books I got for Christmas:

THE books ... standing on standard Christmas
fare; Ferrero Rocher (all gone now *hangs head*)

TOTAL.  BOOK.  LUST!
I  want to paper my walls in these prints.
The three Anthony Trollope books were a gift from a very dear friend of mine who thought I would enjoy his writing. They are Barchester Towers (here), The Warden (here) and Doctor Thorne (here). I have never read any Trollope (behave) before and judging by the synopses, I cannot wait to get stuck in!

I just adore this cover of The Notebook
(even though you can't see it from this photo,
the red letters are actually shiny - Ooo)
The other three books I received were what I asked for specifically from my mum and couldn't be more different from Mr. Trollope (but equally as fabulous!)
They are  Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook (here), Judith McNaught's Paradise (here) and Every Breath You Take (here).

I am not really a fan of the romance genre but since I was given two of Judith McNaught's historical romances towards the end of 2013, I have become hooked on her writing and she has quickly become one of my all time favourite authors ... I am planning a full blog post on Judith - you have been warned :)


And here are the Judith McNaught books in all their glory ... You get two photos (because one isn't enough, apparently).


I didn't bother telling you the synopses of these books as the beauty of book hauls I find is just staring at the covers.

I'm half way through rereading Paradise by McNaught (marry me Matt Farrell!) and am going to finish the rest over the next few days with a side of ALL THE CHOCOLATE I CAN HANDLE! H-E-A-V-E-N ... or should I say Paradise?

Oh dear.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment