Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year's Resolutions 2015

After reading all the McNaught over the Christmas period which I LOVED (I read Every Breath You Take for the first time ... I now love Mitchell Wyatt. Strangely, there were three mini moments relating to my NaNoWriMo novel which I am taking as a sign that I should continue with it!)  I thought I would do a small post on my New Year's Resolutions for this brand spanking new year. I will keep this list to the appropriate 'I'm an aspiring author' and leave out the boring personal things like losing ALL the weight ... so, without further ado, here they are:

  1. Keep this blog updated even if my mother is the only one reading it (Hi Mum!).
  2. Work hard at whatever I am doing.
  3. Finish editing my NaNoWriMo 2014 novel then self-publish it.
  4. After finishing said novel, work again on the first novel I wrote over a year ago and self-publish it too.
  5. Learn everything there is to know about self-publishing.

It may be strange to anyone reading this that I am not even thinking about going down the regular route and getting an agent, then keeping my fingers crossed for a book deal with one of the big publishers, but for me, this is the path I want to take and it somehow feels right. I may regret this but we all make mistakes and thankfully as we get older, we learn from them too.

I feel this to-do list of resolutions is pretty attainable and having the list up on a public space will hopefully push me to see them through ... obviously I forgot to add WIN AN OSCAR, but that's 2016 darling.  

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment