Wednesday 10 December 2014

Update: Stephen King, Revisions & STUFF

I have been away from my blog for a (VERY) long time due to the fact I have been obsessively revising my NaNoWriMo 2014 novel. Since 17th November, when I finished the first draft, I haven't stopped working on it apart from the occasional episode of Sherlock & the odd (SO, SO MANY) Hallmark Channel Christmas film.

Since you asked (mother) the revisions have been going swimmingly but I have come to the point where my brain feels a little tired of looking over the same blasted thing for over a month with no break. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying it more than I have ever enjoyed anything in my life, but I think I just need a break away from it for a little while. That being said, a couple of days ago when I finished my most recent draft, I picked up Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (here).

A disclaimer: I am not a fan of biographies.  Regardless of how much I like the person or how well it is written, I could never get into them ... UNTIL NOW.

On Writing is part biography, part advice for writers blended together so beautifully that I didn't want it to end. The book is funny, absolutely fascinating and inspiring, leaving me excited for the journey I have ahead of me. Shamefully, this is the first Stephen King book I have ever read, and I suppose quite an ironic choice, but when my TBR (To Be Read) list is cleared down, I am looking forward to getting started on all the classics he has written over the years. Whether you are an aspiring author like me, or just a fan of reading, it is a fabulous read. Definitely one of my all time favourites and one I know I will be reading again and again.

I will leave it there for now and make a vow to myself to be better at updating this blog.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment