Friday 10 March 2017

5698 words

It's been a crazy week and I'm going to keep this short as I haven't got much time and will talk about a few other things I wanted to cover in another post early next week. If I had to sum up the week in a sentence I'd say it has been one of the most productive weeks of my life. Monday was dedicated to my other website as I had a lot of issues that needed to be resolved and now they are nearly sorted out (after a few months of confusion and stress), I feel so happy. Things finally feel like they are coming together.

This week I've continued to post pictures of quotes from my books on both Twitter and Pinterest, which I am still enjoying and just like that, most of my time vanished.

Because I apparently haven't got enough on at the moment, I decided to crank the madness up a notch and start a potential new draft of a book that has been a long time coming. It's a non-fiction book about the debilitating skin condition I went through for just over two years. It is a total passion project and it's not intended for any kind of financial gain - more an exorcism of sorts that I have been asked many times to write now by the people who have followed my skin story (under my real name). It will be nice, and almost healing in a way, to have a record of exactly what I went through before I forget it all as even now, parts of it are very hazy. I started writing the draft on Monday and because of a general lack of time and the process working so well with my other draft, I am only going to be writing for a maximum of an hour a day, Monday to Friday. The book might not even work out but so far, so good. If the draft does turn out to be viable, I have a rather strict goal of when I'd like it completed by, which is Tuesday 6th June 2017; the four year anniversary of going through my condition (I am a total sucker for important and meaningful dates). A quick tally of my word counts for the first week:

Monday 6th March 2017 - 1,241 words
Tuesday 7th March 2017 - 1,370 words
Wednesday 8th March 2017 - 1,308 words
Thursday 9th March 2017 - 1,379 words
Friday 10th March 2017 - 400 words
TOTAL FOR WEEK ONE = 5,698 WORDS

Ok, well, this post is much longer than I expected, sorry! I will be back early next week with yet more words, you lucky, lucky thing.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment