Friday 24 March 2017

An Underwhelming 100th Blog Post For You

This is apparently my 100th post on this blog and in celebration, I will keep this short ... and actually mean it too!

I will start off with the sad news that I am experiencing severe Downton Abbey withdrawals after finishing the show on Monday. In a bid to get all of it done before my free trial of Amazon Prime ran out, my mum and I were watching as much as we could and finished just in the nick of time. Watching it every night became our evening ritual after working all day and now it's definitely hands down my favourite show of all time. I am about 1,000 years behind everyone in saying this but what a fantastic show - the writing, the acting, the setting, EVERYTHING! Simply perfect.

It's been an odd week and I have swung between positive and negative emotions at an alarming rate. There are times I have felt so excited about the future and want to do everything in my power to get my book series out there ... then other times where I feel like the old me is creeping in who just wants to give up and forget that she ever wanted to be a writer in the first place. So far, the new me is winning though and think it would take a pretty powerful force to stop me now.

As I've had to work on other things for most of the week, I've struggled to find real time to do much in the way of book marketing, but I still did a bit. On Monday, I worked a lot on my Facebook page but when it was all done, it was almost like, now what? I can't really understand the point of having one to be honest but I'm going to give it time and see what I can do with it. Apart from that, I've done some reseach and a tiny bit of Tweeting and pinning of quotes etc but all that went out of the window as the week progressed. I was pretty successful with the non-fiction book I've been working on for the last couple of weeks and here is my latest batch of word counts:

Monday 20th March 2017 - 1,417 words
Tuesday 21st March 2017 - 1,384 words
Wednesday 22nd March 2017 - 1,232 words
Thursday 23rd March 2017 - 364 words
Friday 24th March 2017 - 0 words
TOTAL FOR THE WEEK = 4,397 words

On Thursday, my hour was taken up more with organising and planning than writing and today/Friday, I just didn't have a single hour to spare to dedicate to it. Next week will be mostly spent sorting out and arranging chapters etc and so far, I'm extremely happy with its progress.

You are probably wondering where the rest of the post is after inflicting on you so many posts in the past that have resembled 300 p-age novel but I promised to keep it short ... and so I have! I shall make it up to you next week though with many unnecessary words - mark my literal words...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment