Friday 17 March 2017

People are really nice

Without even trying, the weather this week has elevated my mood to ridiculous levels of excitement. There is nothing more wonderful than when the sun shines and it starts to feel warm outside. It's been a fantastically full and productive week and the hardest part of this post is knowing where to begin...

The non-fiction book I started writing last week about the skin condition I went through *that I talk about (here)* has continued to go well and at this point, I think it's safe to say that it's definitely going to happen. Here are my word counts:

Monday 13th March 2017 - 1,478 words
Tuesday 14th March 2017 - 1,372 words
Wednesday 15th March 2017 - 271 words (lower word count due to organising chapters etc)
Thursday 16th March 2017 - 1,693 words (such a great hour of writing)
Friday 17th Match 2017 - 1,394 words (another fantastic hour of writing)
TOTAL FOR WEEK TWO = 6,208 WORDS

I am still following the hour every weekday rule and it really does take the pressure off doing it like that - my attitude is laid back and by not having a word count goal, I don't stress about it, I just do what I can within that hour. Next week, I will be mostly using my hour a day to organise the chapters a bit and work out some sort of plan as this kind of book needs proper structure. Honestly, I am pretty excited about it and have actually found that by writing it all down and really forcing myself to think about what I went through, I am getting some much-needed closure. It has been nearly four years since I started going through Topical Steroid Withdrawal and I think the time has come to move on from it fully.

Midway through the week, I wrote an article in the hope of it being featured on one of my favourite writing blogs. I've done it mostly for myself and not for self-promotion and I'm happy with how it turned out. I sent them my proposal yesterday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they like the idea and ask for the full article. If not, I'll just post it on here at some point.

I've continued to Tweet more this week but I'm finding that all my Tweets have become a little bit samey as I have mostly just been putting up the pictures I made with various quotes from my books on them. I am still getting used to Twitter again and I'm hoping over time I feel more comfortable with it as I used to love Tweeting.

In the last month or so since I added a page in the back of all my eBooks and Paperbacks promoting other books in the series, more people have been buying them. Before, I think a lot of people thought WEIGHTING TO LIVE was a standalone novel, which is a shame as I'm proud of CHANGES and SIXTEEN MONTHS, so it's nice to know that people are aware they exist now.

I think I'll make that do this week and pray that my productivity, along with the English sun, holds out a little longer.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment