Saturday 2 May 2015

Very Good Lives

'And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.'


That is one of my favourite quotes of all-time and comes from the book I am now going to talk about now. VERY GOOD LIVES: THE FRINGE BENEFITS OF FAILURE AND THE IMPORTANCE OF IMAGINATION by J.K. Rowling has just been released and comes from the 2008 commencement speech she gave at Harvard University. I had already watched the speech on YouTube many times but to read it is a totally different experience. You are able to absorb every word and really take it all in. It's beautiful, inspiring and hits home on subjects that need to be talked about. The book is also well laid out, pretty and only takes about 20 minutes to read.

I got my copy from the library but when I can, I will definitely be getting my own because not only is it a fantastic little book, but the sales go to J.K. Rowling's own charity: Lumos which 'works to support the 8 million children in institutions worldwide to regain their right to a family life and to end the institutionalisation of children' and university-wide financial aid at Harvard University.

You can buy the book on Amazon (here).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment