Monday 27 April 2015

At it again

As previously warned, this is going to be another blog post all about changing my front covers. For a while now, I have (yet again) been working on the two front covers for my books that I thought were already finished (to read about the ridiculous cover journey, click here).

I think for now, I can safely say that they are done (this is probably a lie) so here they are:


COVER FOR 'WEIGHTING TO LIVE' (Before & After)

The very first cover *sad face*
The in-between cover when I foolishly thought it was done.
And the finished (FOR NOW) cover! 


COVER FOR 'CHANGES: A SHORT STORY COLLECTION' (Before & After)

The very first cover. OUCH.
Th in-between cover when I was in ignorant bliss and thought I had finished (MISTAKEN)
The finished cover (for today at least).

As you can hopefully tell, both covers have undergone a lot of changes. I am pretty new to all this pixel this and pixel that stuff but now, fingers crossed, they should be the perfect size for Amazon KDP and look a little more polished than they did before.  

Since Friday, I have also been simultaneously going through both books to sort out a couple of issues that needed to be addressed - the main one being that I decided mum, dad, nanny etc shouldn't be in capitals and that formatting was not a thing I should do much of (foolish). They are now done and the new version of both is up for sale looking a little more like an actual book than before. It's amazing as well how many typos, speech marks and other bits you miss regardless of how much you go through them. Sigh.

I am now going to get back to working on the third book in the WEIGHTING TO LIVE series which is NEARLY done - it's only a novelette though (still obsessed with the word novelette).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment