Thursday 23 April 2015

A no-frills update

I thought I would post a little update as I hate not writing on here regularly. It's like a diary, I suppose (and the only one I've been able to stick with as long as this).

In my last post ten days go (here), I showed you my new and improved front covers that I was really happy with ... until I looked at them some more and realised I wasn't happy. So between Tuesday 14th April and now, I have been editing the draft I talked about (here) and working on those two covers (plus another one for the draft I just mentioned). *I would like to thank the soundtracks of Martin Guerre and The Pirates of Penzance for getting me through it all.

There is nothing groundbreaking to say about the editing process of the draft I am working on at present - I would say it is now 95% done but I am taking a short break from it as I have a couple of niggles with my two self-published books WEIGHTING TO LIVE and CHANGES: A SHORT STORY COLLECTION. I want to spend some time reading them both to make sure they are perfect then format them properly as I know they definitely need it.

The most rewarding part of this self-publishing journey so far, plus doing it all myself, is the amount you learn in so many different areas. It has been harder than I expected but so much fun at the same time.

I shall be back (I hope) very soon with a post informing you that those blasted covers are finally finished. That, my friends, is a pipe dream.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment