Tuesday 7 April 2015

Teeny tiny book haul!

Last week I bought two books and this morning they arrived so I thought I would share them with you as well. They were a 'Girl, you've done a fair bit of writing in the last few weeks, get something nice' kinda purchase. I don't really buy many books for myself, instead I cling to my local library as if it was life support (budget fun), so when I get the chance to treat myself, they have to be pretty special and I think these two definitely fall into that category.

THE BOOKS!
'I love a good spine me'
Yes, you need three pictures to see the books at all angles..

If the book covers don't give it away (ahem), they are Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë and both are real favourites of mine. I actually did a mini review of Me Before You (here) so check that out if you want to know more of my thoughts (SPOILER: the book will break your heart).

I'm not sure if Wuthering Heights is my all-time favourite book but it's definitely in the top three for sure (Harry Potter counts as one book, yeah?) and I have wanted my own copy for a long time. I could have gone with one of those clothbound versions or an elaborate copy with fancy gold writing but instead, I went for this relatively plain one in comparison because I am a huge fan of Wordsworth Classics. At £1.99 they are pretty cheap but that doesn't mean you aren't getting an excellent quality item. I am so impressed by the books and to be honest, I actually prefer the simplicity of their designs - I really can't recommend the company enough!

You can buy Wuthering Heights (here) & Me Before You (here).

After that small bit of  literary eye candy, I must get back to editing my short stories and stop staring at the books.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment