Monday 2 November 2015

The NaNo low-down: DAY 2

WORD COUNT FOR THE DAY: 2,012

The picture on the right I hope conveys my feelings of frustration I am experiencing at the moment. This morning I woke up very early with the intention of having a really productive day and aiming for an outrageously high daily word count. My broken body was having none of it. After breakfast I started to feel dizzy. I ignored the feeling as much as possible and started writing, but with my head feeling as foggy as the weather in the UK today. By lunch I felt lousy. I again ignored it but felt like I was swimming through a very thick jelly that also clouded my brain. I think I might be getting a rather bad cold but I hope not because I am DESPERATE to write. Somehow by about 2 p.m. I had managed to get out over 2,000 words before the lure of bed became too great. I've just woken up and have decided to take it easy for the rest of the day then start again only when I am ready. I feel it will be counter-productive to start until I am better as it'll only show in my writing.

Life has been a little intense recently both mentally and physically and I think my overwhelmed body just needs a rest.

Until next time (remind me, what's my name again?).

No comments:

Post a Comment