Sunday 1 November 2015

The NaNo low-down: DAY 1

WORD COUNT FOR THE DAY: 1,569.
My brain at present.



Day one of NaNoWriMo turned out to be a little crazier than expected ... I had a last-minute interview in London which meant I had to get up at 5 a.m. and spend the whole morning travelling around. I came home at about 11.30 a.m. and gazed at the bed lustfully but after an early lunch, I half-groggily typed out some words. I have to say for how tired I was, the words weren't too bad. Even though I didn't come close to the word count I wanted, with what my day was like, I think I did ok. Tomorrow I can really get stuck into it which I can't wait to do (and hopefully in a less zombie-like fashion).

Also, something truly lovely happened today. From one of the giveaways I hosted over on Goodreads to win a copy of my book WEIGHTING TO LIVE, I GOT MY FIRST PROPER REVIEW AND IT WAS AN AMAZING ONE! I found it quite fabulous that on the book's 1st birthday (I wrote it last year for NaNoWriMo) it got such a FABULOUS present! It's also strange the review was today as the book is in diary-style format and the date it starts with is ... wait for it ... 1st November. Oooooooo.

I have to say November couldn't have started any better for me and I cannot wait to see what this month holds - and I'm not just talking about the writing.

Until next time (is it time for bed yet?).

No comments:

Post a Comment